BMA will review and update this Policy on a regular basis so please check regularly for any changes / updates. If you have any further questions after reading this Policy then please contact us using one of the methods suggested at the end of this Policy.
Current data protection law states that there are a number of legal reasons why a company might collect and process personal data. With respect to BMA the reason we may collect and process personal data are:
Consent – when you give us specific consent to use your data for a given purpose. For example, when you ask us to provide you with details about a business acquisition opportunity or when you consent to being included in our email list.
Contract – when you engage with our services, we will process your personal data in order to deliver the agreed service.
Legal Compliance – if the law or government requires us to collect and process personal data. For example, the law requires us to collect personal information of clients who sign a contract with us for Anti Money Laundering purposes.
Legitimate Interest – this allows us to use personal data in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running the business for example to advise you of a business acquisition opportunity. This basis does not affect your freedom or rights and you have the right to request that the information we hold is erased, or that communication preferences are changed.
When do we Collect Personal Data?
BMA will collect personal data in the following circumstances:
- When you visit the website and fill in any of the available enquiry forms
- When we speak to you on the telephone. Phone calls may be recorded for training purposes.
- When you engage with our services and submit contractual documents
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you book any kind of appointment
- When you contact us by email with queries, complaints etc
- When you create an online account with us
- When we collect information from publicly available sources, such as companies house
- When information has been made public as a matter of law
What Personal Data do we Collect?
We collect personal data in the following situations:
- Contact information such as email address, telephone number and both business and correspondence addresses
- Non-personal information such as business contact information, business accounts, sector / business descriptions and registered company number
- Details of conversations, requests for information and documents supplied to us during the course of discussions
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use your data in the following circumstances:
- To send you details of relevant acquisition opportunities.
- To send you information on selling your company, including promotions about our services.
- To send you information about the potential provision of services by BMA to your business.
- To process payments where relevant.
- To protect our business and any online account you hold from fraud.
In the five circumstances above, we will use the following legal basis for processing:
- Legitimate Interest
You may modify how we contact you or opt out of receiving further communications from us at any time. Please contact us to change your preferences.
How is Personal Data Protected?
We protect your data in the following ways:
- BMA officers and employees are fully trained in data protection and know their responsibilities in relation to securing your personal data
- Our systems ensure that only the relevant officers or employees have access to your data.
- Our computer systems are protected with firewalls and virus protection software.
If you are subscribed to the www.blockmanageradvisory.com website, you can manage your preferences online by logging into your account.
You have the right to ask for access to the information that we hold about you, known as a subject access request.
If a request is made, we will supply this information to you within 10 working days.
At any point in time you are free to:
- Advise us of any incorrect information that we hold about you in order for us to correct such information
- Withdraw consent – if you request that you no longer want us to contact you then we will change your preferences and stop any future marketing.
- Ask us to stop processing your data under legitimate interests.
- Ask us to delete your data in its entirety.
BMA Contact Information
To advise us of a change of information or to unsubscribe from receiving communications from us please contact us using one of the methods below:
In Writing to:
Block Manager Advisory Ltd
71-75 Shelton Street, London WC2H 9JQ.